In this master learning session, Sjoerd de Jong will take an in-depth look at how UE4 renders out a single frame. In the end, you will have a broad but detailed understanding of real-time rendering (RTR) and how it impacts performance, features, and workflows.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize the steps taken by hardware to compute the render of a single frame in a scene.
- Understand how geometry is rendered in a scene and the potential impacts to performance.
- Identify the relationship the GBuffer has with rendering a scene.
- Determine the impact on the rendering process of textures, shaders, materials, lighting, fog, and transparency.
- Identify the steps post-processing will take to modify how a frame is visually shown to the user.
Preview this course
Explore more courses