This course will take you through your first hour of animation in Unreal Engine. We’ll start off by introducing you to Skeletal Meshes and exploring the basics of the Skeletal Mesh editors, including the skeleton, animation, and physics systems that are all integral to animation in Unreal Engine.
The Animation Blueprint—which is the control system for animations—will be used to adjust playback of our sample animation system including exchanging data between our Animation Blueprint and our Character Blueprint. We will put all of this to use when we create a new animation, a new Character, and a working Animation Blueprint using these assets.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the different animation assets and how they work together.
- Differentiate and navigate the different animation windows.
- Using Keyframe Animation to modify animations in editor.
- Create an Animation Blueprint to use with a character.
- Send data to the Animation Blueprint through the Character Blueprint Actor.
Preview this course
Explore more courses